Custom Project Properties SaveAll not working when properties page not active window in VS RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a project properties page for a custom project type that will not save when using the SaveAll command and the properties page isn't the active window in VS 2010. The properties page is derived from a SettingsPage class with is almost identical to one listed in the second post on this previous thread: SettingsPage Class Example

I can see through the debugger that the IPropertyPage.Apply function is called when you hit SaveAll and the properties page is the active window in VS. However when not active no call is made to IPropertyPage.Apply. I have also confirmed that the Page is being marked as dirty correctly.

Any ideas what I'm missing? 

Thanks in advance.

Kev

Tuesday, July 17, 2012 3:36 PM

All replies

• Hi Kev,

I found the defination in msdn about IPropertyPage.Apply Method.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/microsoft.visualstudio.ole.interop.ipropertypage.apply.aspx

There is no detail info about this method.

However I see if you hit save all the the function will be called well. I think it worked fine, anything wrong?

Regards,

Adolf

Wednesday, July 18, 2012 6:32 AM
  • Hi Adolf,

Ya my problem is that IPropertyPage.Apply is not called when the properties page is not the active window in VS and you issue the SaveAll command.

When you say the this "However I see if you hit save all the the function will be called well. I think it worked fine" do you mean you have similar implmentation of a properties page and the save all works fine for you? 

Thanks

Wednesday, July 18, 2012 8:50 AM
  • Hi KevGWY,

You can read the article about Walkthrough: Exposing Properties to the Properties Window as follow below

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb165403

I think it is useful to you.

Best regards,

Ego [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Friday, July 20, 2012 8:29 AM
  • Hi Ego,

Thanks for the link, however my use case is slightly different. The link example discusses properties of objects. My particular use case is actual project properties page for a custom project type. For example it would be similar to the project properties page of a standard c# project that has various side tabs, e.g. Application, Build, Build Events, Debug etc...

Thanks

Monday, July 23, 2012 1:13 PM
  • Hi KevGWY,

I faced the same problem. Did you solve it? Did you report an issue to the MS?

Thanks, Serge

Monday, April 15, 2013 11:56 AM