none
I get error "storage acount 'xxxx' not found" when trying to load VHD to my azure storage.

Question

• I have created the Storage account but when i upload the vhd using the Add-AzureVhd - Destination command, i get the error message that the storage account does not exist. what am i missing? I know there is another almost identical post like this but I still can't figure it out (https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/azure/en-US/3106e3a3-4481-461d-9c44-00d8bc69adc1/i-get-error-storage-acount-xxxx-not-found-when-trying-to-load-vhd-to-my-azure-storage?forum=windowsazuredata) 

I can go to the portal and see that the storage account exists. I've ran get-azuresubscription. It looks like something may have been edited out of the last post that refers to security I need to set but I can see it.

Thursday, April 21, 2016 9:19 PM

All replies

• Hi Lu_Bu

You should try to the comman:

Get-AzureStorageAccount  #Check the storage account and the storage is under you azure Subscription

Get-AzureSubscription   #get the azure Subscription

Select-AzureSubscription -SubscriptionId  'xxxxxx'  #select  the azure Subscription

Thanks.

Friday, April 22, 2016 2:22 AM
  • I get an error on 

Get-AzureStorageAccount –StorageAccountName "namehere"

that the storage account was not found. I only have one subscription and I have used the get and select AzureSub commands. I just have no idea why it can't find it. I even have the Microsoft Azure Storage Explorer open and it shows that account right under "Storage Accounts"

Friday, April 22, 2016 1:25 PM