Web App- Automatically display a week in combo box based on the current date RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have a web app that I am trying to clean up and we are repeatedly having a user issue that I am trying to fix. On a form that users fill out there is a drop down where users select the "Week Of" that is the week that they are trying to submit a record for. I am trying to figure out if there's an expression that would make the form display the correct "Week Of" based on the current date the form is being accessed.

The way we run reports is to pull batches of records based on the "Week Of" and some users submit for a week in advance- because of this the data field can't really be modified except to perhaps change the value to a range of dates (3/4/16-3/10/16 for example). Our current problem is user error where folks just pick the wrong date, so having a value automatically in the box for less conscientious users would be helpful.

Thoughts on how to approach writing an expression that could do this would be appreciated!

Wednesday, June 22, 2016 9:44 PM

All replies

• Hi Mark,

>> I am trying to figure out if there's an expression that would make the form display the correct "Week Of" based on the current date the form is being accessed.

What is your expected value in Week Of? Do you mean you want to format Week Of? If so, I am afraid we could not format date with week in Form. You cannot use the Format function in Form in Access 2013 web app. You could refer Format Function (Access custom web app) for more information. You could use this in query, and then use this query as the data of Form.

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, June 23, 2016 2:47 AM
  • What about the possibility of limiting the number of "WeekOf" values that are visible at one time? It would be helpful if the drop down could be formatted to show only values from the current month (It would need to know, for example that it is currently July 2016 and only show the values within July 2016). If this could be written into the back end then we could limit the number of possible miss selected values to within the correct month.

Thoughts?

Thanks again

Monday, July 11, 2016 9:06 PM
  • Hi Mark,

>> What about the possibility of limiting the number of "WeekOf" values that are visible at one time

Do you mean you do not want to show all records in combobox? If so, I suggest you create a new query for this combobox by query design-> Query Setup->Return.

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, July 12, 2016 7:00 AM