none
Unable to verify the digital signature on word document. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have added the Digital Signature on a word document using my own .pfx file in java with Apache POI API. And the issue is, we are unable to verify the document stating that "The Signature was not successfully verified". Am unable to resolve this issue.

Can anyone please help me in this issue.

thanks in advance.

Tuesday, May 10, 2016 1:47 PM

All replies

• Hi kaniganti,

>> I have added the Digital Signature on a word document using my own .pfx file in java with Apache POI API.

What do you mean with this? Do you create .pfx file in java and manually add this pfx file or you want to add pfx file into word by using java? If you create pfx file in java, I suggest you try another Digital Signature, you could refer Get or create your own digital signature to create your own digital signature. If you add Digital Signature with java, I suggest you manually add this Digital Signature to check whether it would work or not. You could refer Add or remove a digital signature in Office documents.

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, May 11, 2016 2:39 AM
  • i mean using java code i have developed the .pfx file and with this pfx am adding the digital signature on the word document through code.when i open the document it shows me the verification error saying "The signature is not successfully verified" and i get a red cross mark, where as if same pfx file what have generated through code if i import it in the ie-->tools-->internet options-->content-->certificates  and add the signature manually using ms word then the signature on the document gets verified.Am totally confused why it is not verified the document when it is added through the code.

thanks in advance.

Wednesday, May 11, 2016 3:58 PM
  • Hi kaniganti,

>> if i import it in the ie-->tools-->internet options-->content-->certificates  and add the signature manually using ms word then the signature on the document gets verified

Do you mean you want to add pfx file to word? If so, why it is related with IE? Please refer my above reply for how to add a digital signature in Office manually.

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Thursday, May 12, 2016 1:46 AM
  • I mean it is storing in the personal store of mmc.I don't want to add it manually through code itself it has to be done because  i need to give this has a Rest service.
    Thursday, May 12, 2016 7:18 AM
  • Hi kaniganti,

Do you mean you have a pfx file which is stored in personal store, and it got verified when you manually insert to word, but could not be verified when you add by code? If so, which code you used to add pfx file? Did you use java? If so, I suggest you try VBA code to check whether it is related with your java code.

# Document.Signatures Property (Word)

https://msdn.microsoft.com/EN-US/library/office/ff193069.aspx

Best Regards,

Edward

Friday, May 13, 2016 8:42 AM