How to get BufferedReceive WF4 sample to work RRS feed

• Question

• I am new to WF4 and trying to get msmq WF binding working. I am having trouble with config I guess. When I try to add service reference to a client I get errors. I have been trying to get BufferedReceive WF4 sample to work (Win7), by following directions, but it dows not work.

I need a simple example or steps to config that has workflow service that has receive that binds to msmq. Then a client that uses the service reference to add messages to the queue so workflow service will process them as they come in. Does this make sense.

Any help or direction you could give would be great,

Thursday, July 14, 2011 4:14 AM

All replies

• I Did get the DurableDuplex sample to work, that also uses msmq binding. It does not have quit the same config. I guess not many people use these samples. Is anyone using msmq binding in WF4? If I need queueing in workflow would it be better to just create custom activities that handle the queuing and use standard binding in workflow service endpoints?
    Friday, July 15, 2011 3:25 PM
  • Hi,

->" If I need queueing in workflow would it be better to just create custom activities that handle the queuing and use standard binding in workflow service endpoints?"
    If you do this, you can control your queue better, I would prefer to this way.

Regards
    MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. My Blog: http://xhinker.com
    Microsoft Windows Workflow Foundation 4.0 Cookbook
    Wednesday, July 20, 2011 7:01 AM