How to pass parameter from Logic Apps to ADF.? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Using logic apps , I am planning to connect to a source and read files and trigger ADF pipelines from Logic App by passing the filename.

Inside ADF i am planning to move files to ADLS\SQL etc. Can i pass parameters from Logic Apps to ADF ? If so How..??

Regards,

Sai

Tuesday, December 4, 2018 9:45 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi ,

You have Azure Data Factory pipeline connector in Logic Apps .Below blog post is as per your requirement 

http://blogs.adatis.co.uk/matthow/post/Using-ADF-V2-Activities-in-Logic-Apps 

If this answers your question please mark it accordingly. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful by clicking the upward arrow mark next to my reply

Tuesday, December 4, 2018 9:55 PM
  • Hi,

when i tried to follow the Blog and tried to add this entry in to the body section of codeview

"body":
    {"FileToMoveName":"@{variables('FileName')}"}

and tried to save the logic app , i am getting the error below..

Save logic app failed

Failed to save logic app laSaiTest. The inputs of workflow run action 'Create_a_pipeline_run' of type 'ApiConnection' are not valid. The variable 'FileName' must be initialized before it can be used inside action 'Create_a_pipeline_run'

Wednesday, December 5, 2018 5:16 PM
  • Well, if you just copy/paste, then that is the expected behavior.

You need modify it to read one of your variables that has already been initialize with an Initialize Variable Action. 

Wednesday, December 5, 2018 5:32 PM
  • True , that's what i figured out after my reply. Its works when i use it in a variable before ADF activity.

Regards,

Sai

Wednesday, December 5, 2018 6:34 PM
  • I do have similar requirement to pass parameter to ADF. can you please send me the exact code/instructions?.
    Wednesday, January 15, 2020 5:54 AM