Where does Xamarin UI Test repl take android sdk path? RRS feed

• Question

• User22551 posted

I am trying to run repl on my android project. As soon as it runs it returns the following error

Android SDK Path: C:\Users\Gagik\AppData\Local\Android\android-sdk" Full log file: C:\Users\Gagik\AppData\Local\Temp\uitest\log-2017-09-0414-47-04-846.txt Error creating directory info from path: "C:\Users\Gagik\AppData\Local\Android\android-sdk"" Exception: System.ArgumentException: Illegal characters in path. at System.IO.Path.LegacyNormalizePath(String path, Boolean fullCheck, Int32 maxPathLength, Boolean expandShortPaths) at System.IO.Path.GetFullPathInternal(String path) at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.Init(String path, Boolean checkHost) at Xamarin.UITest.Shared.Dependencies.PotentialLocation..ctor(String path, String source) Execution failed with exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at Xamarin.UITest.Shared.Dependencies.AndroidSdkFinder.GetTools() at Xamarin.UITest.Shared.Android.DefaultAndroidFactory.BuildExecutor(IProcessRunner processRunner) at Xamarin.UITest.Android.AndroidApp..ctor(IAndroidAppConfiguration appConfiguration, IExecutor executor) at .Host(Object& $retval) at Mono.CSharp.Evaluator.Evaluate(String input, Object& result, Boolean& resultset) at Xamarin.UITest.Repl.Evaluation.MonoCSharpReplEngine.Evaluate(String line) at Xamarin.UITest.Repl.Program.Main(String[] args) Press any key to exit.

After an hour of google search I noticed that the path ends with extra " and that's why I get parse exception. Any ideas from where repl takes this path? I check the android sdk path on visual studio it was ok. I also checked the value of ANDROID_HOME in environment variables that was ok as well.

Monday, September 4, 2017 10:51 AM

All replies

• User22551 posted

I've solved the issue. I'm not sure why somehow ANDROIDHOME variable was set to wrong value internally. I changed my android-sdk folder name to android-sdk1, then changed the ANDROIDHOME to point to that new folder and then changed everything back. And the repl started working :)

Monday, September 4, 2017 11:36 AM