none
[MS-OXPROPS] Property 0x0e5e1048 RRS feed

• Question

• One of our users reported a bug relating to OpenChange not properly handling a property type of 0x1048 (PtypMultipleGuid), which we've now fixed. I would like to be able to reproduce this though, to avoid any regressions.

The particular property was 0x0e5e1048, and was returned by Exchange 2003 (unknown Service Pack status).

From MS-OXPROPS 1.3.3, I see this is in the range of "Non-transmittable Message property; reserved".

Is there anything more you can tell me about this property? Alternatively, are there other known properties with this type?

Brad

Thursday, September 16, 2010 10:09 AM

Answers

• Brad, the property with ID 0x0E5E was used internally by Exchange Server until 2007 when it was deprecated. It is not documented in MS-OXPROPS because it is not necessary to understand that property as part of any of the Exchange Server protocols. For all practical purposes, it is safe to ignore it.

Currently there are no publicly documented properties that are of the PtypMultipleGuid type. However, that could change in a future product or document release.
    Josh Curry (jcurry) | Escalation Engineer | US-CSS DSC Protocols Team
    Friday, September 24, 2010 8:54 PM

All replies

• Hi Brad:

I have alerted protocol documentation about your question regarding MS-OXPROPS. A member of the team will be in touch soon.

Regards, Obaid Farooqi
    Thursday, September 16, 2010 3:44 PM
    Owner
  • Brad, the property with ID 0x0E5E was used internally by Exchange Server until 2007 when it was deprecated. It is not documented in MS-OXPROPS because it is not necessary to understand that property as part of any of the Exchange Server protocols. For all practical purposes, it is safe to ignore it.

Currently there are no publicly documented properties that are of the PtypMultipleGuid type. However, that could change in a future product or document release.
    Josh Curry (jcurry) | Escalation Engineer | US-CSS DSC Protocols Team
    Friday, September 24, 2010 8:54 PM