none
unable to install net framework RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all. I recently reformatted the hard drive of my laptop and since reinstalling everything I have been having a major headache with net framework. I tried using my vodafone thumbstick to go online to download updates and was met with this message: "4101: error installing microsoft(r).Net Framework. Another instance of setip is already running. if another instance of set up is running it will be allowed to continue abd thge current instalation cannot proceed" other times the message pops up simply saying "net framework could not be installed"

When I found a wifi spot I downloaded XP updates hoping it would sort it. It didn't. I have since tried installing newer versions of the net framework but to no avail. When I attempt to install net framework (any version) I am met with this error: "Error 25007.Error occurred while initializing fusion. Setup could not load fusion with LoadLibraryShim(). Error: 0x80131700"

I have trawled fora looking for an answer but nothing I have tried has worked (renaming mcsoree.dll, renaming vc80 folders, deleting 'policies' etc). Please, please can someone help? I shall be eternally grateful :-)

(sorry if this is posted in wrong forum, not sure where it should be!!)
    Saturday, April 11, 2009 7:58 PM

Answers

• Hi Dazed.confused,

More clarification with you. Which .NET Framework do you want to install?

Error 4101 usually means another instance of setup is running somewhere.

Could you please try the following steps for further troubleshooting?

Steps:
    - Use .NET Framework Cleanup Tool to remove .NET Framework that you have tried to install
    - Reboot your PC
    - Disable any AntiVirus software on your system
    - Try cleaning your "%temp%" folder
    - Try running the setup of .NET Framework on its own (Make sure that another install isn't running)

If the problem still exits, please:
    - Use Collect Tool to collect the logs from "%temp%" folder
    Then compress them into a zip file and post a link back. You can upload your log files to SkyDrive and post the link back here.

Thanks

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Tuesday, April 14, 2009 7:16 AM

All replies

• Hi Dazed.confused,

More clarification with you. Which .NET Framework do you want to install?

Error 4101 usually means another instance of setup is running somewhere.

Could you please try the following steps for further troubleshooting?

Steps:
    - Use .NET Framework Cleanup Tool to remove .NET Framework that you have tried to install
    - Reboot your PC
    - Disable any AntiVirus software on your system
    - Try cleaning your "%temp%" folder
    - Try running the setup of .NET Framework on its own (Make sure that another install isn't running)

If the problem still exits, please:
    - Use Collect Tool to collect the logs from "%temp%" folder
    Then compress them into a zip file and post a link back. You can upload your log files to SkyDrive and post the link back here.

Thanks

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Tuesday, April 14, 2009 7:16 AM
  • YiChun Chen, you are a genius. The cleanup tool worked a treat and within minutes I was up and running!!!! Thank you!
    Tuesday, April 14, 2009 5:23 PM
  • Hi Dazed.confused,

I'm so glad to hear that it works. Cheer! Have a good day.
    Wednesday, April 15, 2009 1:59 AM