Flash On My web Browser? RRS feed

• Question

• How can I get flash on my web browser? (Since I run vista, flash doesn't work on my web browsers)
    Monday, September 28, 2009 8:49 PM

Answers

• Use the menus in the IDE

Tools-->Options-->Show all settings-->checked

Projects and Solutions-->General-->Show advanced build configurations-->checked-->OK

close options menu

Build-->Configuration Manager-->Active solution platform-->New-->x86-->OK-->Closed
    coding for fun Be a good forum member mark posts that contain the answers to your questions or those that are helpful
    Please format the code in your posts with the button . Makes it easier to read .
    • Marked as answer by NintendoZACHERY Tuesday, September 29, 2009 11:13 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by NintendoZACHERY Tuesday, September 29, 2009 11:58 PM
    • Marked as answer by Jeff Shan Tuesday, October 6, 2009 8:10 AM
    Tuesday, September 29, 2009 11:09 PM

All replies

• Read this on how to enable the Flash Player on Vista

http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/2153/vista_adobe_flash_player/
    coding for fun Be a good forum member mark posts that contain the answers to your questions or those that are helpful
    Please format the code in your posts with the button . Makes it easier to read .
    Monday, September 28, 2009 9:18 PM
  • I run 64 bit, didn't work.
    Monday, September 28, 2009 9:21 PM
  • I like how you add these little facts later :( but either way did you read all of the info in the link ?

For Vista (64 bit):

1. Open Computer.

2. Navigate to C:\Windows\SysWOW64\.

3. Scroll down and open the Macromed directory.

4. Open the Flash directory.

5. Right-click FlashUtil9b.

6. Select Run as Administrator.

7. When the UAC prompt appears, select Continue.

8. Follow the Flash Player installation wizard.

Once the wizard completes, Flash Player has been properly installed and will now function properly.

Monday, September 28, 2009 9:31 PM
  • Yes, I did all those steps.
    It doesn't work.

If you run a vista or windows 7, put up a web browser in a form, and try to navigate to a flash document, it won't play, inf fact it will make an X over where the flash document should be.
    Monday, September 28, 2009 9:33 PM
  • Do you have a link to a Flash site ?
    Monday, September 28, 2009 9:39 PM
  • http://www.99chats.com/chat.swf?r=11771

Monday, September 28, 2009 9:40 PM
  • I believe that Vista has a 32bit and 64bit ver of IE does it work in the 32bit ver ?
    Monday, September 28, 2009 11:01 PM
  • Anyway if you can load flash on the 32 browser then you an try making your app target the x86 OS then it might be able to load flash in a browser control .
    Monday, September 28, 2009 11:57 PM
  • how do I do that?
    Tuesday, September 29, 2009 10:57 PM
  • Use the menus in the IDE

Tools-->Options-->Show all settings-->checked

Projects and Solutions-->General-->Show advanced build configurations-->checked-->OK

close options menu

Build-->Configuration Manager-->Active solution platform-->New-->x86-->OK-->Closed
    • Marked as answer by NintendoZACHERY Tuesday, September 29, 2009 11:13 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by NintendoZACHERY Tuesday, September 29, 2009 11:58 PM
    • Marked as answer by Jeff Shan Tuesday, October 6, 2009 8:10 AM
    Tuesday, September 29, 2009 11:09 PM
  • It works, but will it work for Windows XP as well?
    Tuesday, September 29, 2009 11:13 PM
  • Ok, Me and my friend both run vista. I run Vista Ultimate, and he runs Windows's Vista Home Premium. The flash file works on my computer, but doesn't work on his, Is there a way I can make it work on both types of computers aswell as XP?
    Wednesday, September 30, 2009 12:00 AM
  • I tried getting it to go to x64 to see if that would work on his version. But then this happened:

And I can't fix it.
    Wednesday, September 30, 2009 12:58 AM
  • Ok, nevermind, I fixed it.
    BUT I still ask how I can do this for all versions of vista, and windows XP.
    Wednesday, September 30, 2009 1:42 AM
  • If it targets x86 it is 32bit and should work on XP and Vista in 32bit mode .
    Wednesday, September 30, 2009 4:04 AM
  • It didn't work on my friends version of vista.
    Wednesday, September 30, 2009 4:28 AM
  • Hi NintendoZACHERY,

I'm going to close this thread since your original question has been answered and you have created a new thread about the last question.
        It will be benifical to keep a thread under one topic
        Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards
    Jeff Shan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Tuesday, October 6, 2009 8:10 AM
  • Hello NintendoZACHERY,

Considering that many developers in this forum ask how to manipulate WebBrowser component (enabling flash, suppressing error messages, proxy support), rotate or flip images, my team has created a code sample for this frequently asked programming task in Microsoft All-In-One Code Framework. You can download the code samples at:

VBWebBrowserWithProxy

http://bit.ly/VBWebBrowserWithProxy

CSWebBrowserWithProxy

http://bit.ly/CSWebBrowserWithProxy

With these code samples, we hope to reduce developers’ efforts in solving the frequently asked

programming tasks. If you have any feedback or suggestions for the code samples, please email us: onecode@microsoft.com.

------------

The Microsoft All-In-One Code Framework (http://1code.codeplex.com) is a free, centralized code sample library driven by developers' needs. Our goal is to provide typical code samples for all Microsoft development technologies, and reduce developers' efforts in solving typical programming tasks.

Our team listens to developers’ pains in MSDN forums, social media and various developer communities. We write code samples based on developers’ frequently asked programming tasks, and allow developers to download them with a short code sample publishing cycle. Additionally, our team offers a free code sample request service. This service is a proactive way for our developer community to obtain code samples for certain programming tasks directly from Microsoft.

Thanks

Microsoft All-In-One Code Framework

Thursday, March 24, 2011 10:45 AM