none
Hyper-V Problem Creating a Virtual Machine RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Windows Server 2012 running Hyper-V Manager. Then I am trying to create a Windows Server 2012 as a guest Virtual Machine and here start the problems.

Using the wizard, I've created all the basic configuration to create the guest. Using an iso Wimage I've mounted a new drive to use as source for boot.
    The wizard shows a install link to start the installation. After some steps I am oriented to restart the virtual machine created but before I need remove the installation disk. When I remove the disk and do a restart, during the boot I receive a message that says "boot failure. Insert the boot media...". Then I mount again the boot disk and when I restart the vm I receive again the dialog with Install link and the steps to install the server repeat again. This process repeats over and over. Looks like that the bootstrap is not being created and when I restart the vm the boot cannot go ahead.

What am I missing here? Is there a tutorial or guideline to show how create and install a vm?

Thanks. 

System Architect

Monday, April 1, 2013 9:18 PM

Answers