The following forum(s) have migrated to Microsoft Q&A (Preview): Azure Active Directory!
Visit Microsoft Q&A (Preview) to post new questions.

Learn More

Access Control to Resources RRS feed

• Question

• Our company has a Microsoft Azure account (Pay-As-You-Go).

We had a programmer that developed our web app. We gave him full access to our Azure account. So, he had access to everything.

We intend to hire another developer to make modifications to the web app, so he'll need access to the App Services and SQL Databases. Our intention is to just allow him access to those features.

We did our research and came across the documentation, Resources, roles, and access control in Application Insights. We followed it step by step, but there's an issue.

We tested the procedure by adding one of our IT staff's Microsoft account (personal Outlook.com account) and assigning him the Contributor role, and sent him an invite. He's not seeing the invite. We did the same for another staff, but it's the same problem.

Can we get some assistance please?

• Edited by MarHutchy Sunday, August 13, 2017 2:49 PM
    Sunday, August 13, 2017 12:36 PM

Answers

• @ashar2k11, thanks for the update.

@MarHutchy, are you still facing this issue?

I'm able to send invitations now :)

I spoke with a Microsoft rep and was advised it was an issue on their path. A timeline was given and it is now rectified.

• Edited by MarHutchy Thursday, August 17, 2017 9:23 AM
    • Marked as answer by MarHutchy Thursday, August 17, 2017 9:23 AM
    Thursday, August 17, 2017 9:22 AM

All replies

• Can you please inform the developer to check his/her clutter folder, I have seen this before where the invitation is going to clutter folder in Azure.
    Sunday, August 13, 2017 12:54 PM
  • Clutter folder?

I've edited the post, please see above.
    Sunday, August 13, 2017 2:54 PM
  • It was not working on August 13 ,2017 .I tried with one gmail id. Now it is working perfectly fine and I am able to receive the invitation.

To send invitation, you need to go to active  directory. Add user email as a guest under add user option (Add guest user).

Thanks

Monday, August 14, 2017 7:07 PM

Tuesday, August 15, 2017 10:49 AM
  • There is no issue now. Invitation email is working fine.

Thanks

Tuesday, August 15, 2017 1:42 PM
  • Thanks for confirming.
    Wednesday, August 16, 2017 8:39 AM

I'm able to send invitations now :)

I spoke with a Microsoft rep and was advised it was an issue on their path. A timeline was given and it is now rectified.

• Edited by MarHutchy Thursday, August 17, 2017 9:23 AM
    • Marked as answer by MarHutchy Thursday, August 17, 2017 9:23 AM
    Thursday, August 17, 2017 9:22 AM