none
LINQ keeps creating new ConnectionsStrings for no reason RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

From time to time when I drag and drop a new SP to the dbml file, Linq decides it is time for a new Connection String. The new connection string is totally identical to the previous ones. The only different is that in the Settings.setting file it is called "DBConnectionString", "DBConnectionString1", "DBConnectionString2", etc...

This usually happens after the other person that is working with this project have added a SP and now it is my turn again (he also gets a question about adding a new connection string but replies no).
    We both have the same Connection properties!

I have two questions:
    1. What can be to avoid this problem?
    2. How can I get rid of the multiple versions of the same connection string? (I have tried to remove the last ones and change "DBConnectionStringX" to "DBConnectionString" but the SP that were added last stopped working than.

Thank you in advance,
    Keren
    Monday, February 2, 2009 8:54 AM

Answers

• Hello Demien,

Thanks for your reply. After I read your answer I removed the extra connections again in order to see what I get for error message. Strange enough I got no error this time. I have been working wth it since yesterday and so far all seems fine. I have no idea why it worked this time but hope it will stay that way :-)

Thanks,
    Keren
    • Marked as answer by Keren S Thursday, February 12, 2009 7:58 AM
    Wednesday, February 4, 2009 9:34 AM

All replies

• What error did the SP's return when the other connection properties were removed?

[)amien
    Tuesday, February 3, 2009 8:30 AM
  • Hello Demien,

Thanks for your reply. After I read your answer I removed the extra connections again in order to see what I get for error message. Strange enough I got no error this time. I have been working wth it since yesterday and so far all seems fine. I have no idea why it worked this time but hope it will stay that way :-)

Thanks,
    Keren
    • Marked as answer by Keren S Thursday, February 12, 2009 7:58 AM
    Wednesday, February 4, 2009 9:34 AM