asdk-installer.ps1 from the new Azure Stack Development Kit is not working RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone,

I've tried to deploy the new Azure Stack Development Kit. The problem is that the asdk-install.ps1 is not working correctly. The first time I run this script it completed successfully and prepared the boot to the VHD. After booting into the VHD I've tried to run the script again to start the deployment process. I filled out all the forms for the Azure AD, local administrator password, network questions etc. On the last page I get the summary and click on "Deploy". The window closes, deployment process does not start and the script ends. I don't get any progress bars and I won't get ask for my Azure AD credentials. Sadly, there is also no error message whatsoever.

Is the asdk-installer.ps1 script broken? How can I get a more detailed error message? Is there any log file created by the Powershell script?

Regards
    Lukas

Tuesday, July 11, 2017 9:52 AM

Answers

• Hi Lukas, there were some issue with the script, please try to download the newest version from github and try again.

Cheers,

Ruud
    Twitter:    Blog: AzureStack.Blog  LinkedIn:    
    Note: Please “Vote As Helpful” if you find my contribution useful or “Mark As Answer” if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you.

Tuesday, July 11, 2017 12:10 PM
  • Hey Ruud, Github says the script was last changed 20 hours ago and I downloaded it like 5 hours ago. Anyway, I just copied the script from the summary page and run it without the asdk-installer.ps1. The deployment is currently running.
    Tuesday, July 11, 2017 2:40 PM

All replies

• Hi Lukas, there were some issue with the script, please try to download the newest version from github and try again.

Cheers,

Ruud
    Twitter:    Blog: AzureStack.Blog  LinkedIn:    
    Note: Please “Vote As Helpful” if you find my contribution useful or “Mark As Answer” if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you.

Tuesday, July 11, 2017 12:10 PM
  • Hey Ruud, Github says the script was last changed 20 hours ago and I downloaded it like 5 hours ago. Anyway, I just copied the script from the summary page and run it without the asdk-installer.ps1. The deployment is currently running.
    Tuesday, July 11, 2017 2:40 PM