Windows API programming RRS feed

• Question

• An applet is running on browser, there I need to mouse click on submit button each time I want that could be done by pressing a key, can anybody hint me how to do that, including the kewords and steps.. thank you all.
    Monday, June 21, 2010 9:27 PM

Answers

• ActiveX is IE specific. For a cross-browser solution you probably need to look into other solutions such as java applets.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Thursday, June 24, 2010 2:08 AM
  • I'm digging into my memory since it's a few years (10+) since I used Java applets but, IIRC, it's not possible to do this.
    I think the sandbox the applet runs in not only stops the applet getting at the system but also other applications getting at the applet.

Regards David R --------------------------------------------------------------- "Every program eventually becomes rococo, and then rubble." - Alan Perlis The only valid measurement of code quality: WTFs/minute.
    Thursday, June 24, 2010 6:39 PM

All replies

• Java applets? You probably need to ask in a Java forum.

Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Monday, June 21, 2010 11:07 PM
  • yes that is an applet but pressing a button of applet which is running on a browser on my windows can be pressed by windows API programming, If am not wrong, I can understand the concept that I need to recognize the button by its text or something else then press it.

its just about wrapping an application and modifying the user interface; after my research I guess ActiveX could serve the purpose, please suggest me on this finding.

Tuesday, June 22, 2010 7:51 AM
  • ActiveX is IE specific. For a cross-browser solution you probably need to look into other solutions such as java applets.

Visual C++ MVP
    Thursday, June 24, 2010 2:08 AM
  • I'm digging into my memory since it's a few years (10+) since I used Java applets but, IIRC, it's not possible to do this.
    I think the sandbox the applet runs in not only stops the applet getting at the system but also other applications getting at the applet.

Regards David R --------------------------------------------------------------- "Every program eventually becomes rococo, and then rubble." - Alan Perlis The only valid measurement of code quality: WTFs/minute.
    Thursday, June 24, 2010 6:39 PM