asp.net 1.1 web application with slow response times when calling a web service RRS feed

• Question

• User489117894 posted

I'm getting intermittent slow response times during performance testing on a .net 1.1 web application during a web service call and I'm not sure what's the cause of it so I'm wondering what I should check for in IIS. There are cases where the application takes as much as 20 seconds longer than the response from the web service and beyond the timeout that is specified in my web application.

I'm a bit lost as to what I should look into, so I'm hoping to get some guidance here. I've contacted our web server admins and there is minimal network i/o, cpu, memory usage on the server level during the testing. Overall network latency also appears to be fine.

Wednesday, July 22, 2009 9:24 PM

Answers

• User1073881637 posted

Sounds like the backend resource is the cause or connectivity to the remote resource.  I'd scour the iis logs looking for patterns with long time-taken

Here is a sample syntax using log parser. 
    logparser -i:evt "select top 100 date, time, cs-uri-stem, cs-uri-query, time-taken from <website.com> order by time-taken DESC" -o:csv

Or path to a specific log file

logparser -i:evt "select top 100 date, time, cs-uri-stem, cs-uri-query, time-taken from C:\Windows\system\logfiles\w3svcXXX\exXXXXXX.log order by time-taken DESC" -o:csv

See if you can find a pattern.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Tuesday, September 28, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, July 23, 2009 11:11 PM