using lightboxes RRS feed

• Question

• User1719449502 posted

I currently have a client that wants to have a lightbox appear when a user clicks on the 'login' button on the home page of their website. The lightbox will appear and load the login.aspx page within it and take the normal username/password and handle any sort of errors that might appear. After a successful login the lightbox should disappear and the home page should then be refreshed to allow the now authenticated user access to the various members only elements on that page.

I've been using LightWindow in the past by Kevin Miller to handle image/video lightbox pop-ups, so I thought I'd stick with this. The problem that I'm having is that while I can get the lightwindow to show, then load the login page, after successful login I can't seem to programmatically close out of the lightwindow and get the home page to refresh, which I'm assuming is because the login.aspx page has no idea it's been loaded in a LightWindow originating from Default.aspx.

Any thoughts on this? Is there a better tool out there to use than LightWindow?

Thanks.

Wednesday, March 3, 2010 12:41 AM

All replies

• User532898053 posted

Hi,

Can't you create a user control that handles the login process, place that on the page and move the containing div to appear to be a where you want it and then handle the closing of the box when the login event is received?

Monday, March 8, 2010 9:57 AM