none
Problems Getting .NET Framework 3.5 to work. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi. I got this game on steam and it needs the .NET Framework 3.5 in order to work. I run on windows 8.1 and i saw that many other people running on Windows 8.1 have had the same issue as i have. When i try and download it then it doesn't word and says it couldn't connect to internet do download it and i also get this error code "0x800F0906". If you could help me get this working that would be great! Thanks in advance!
    Sunday, January 15, 2017 12:25 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

Please have a look at here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3002547

• Turn on the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 feature before you install security update 2966827 or 2966828. For more information about how to turn Windows features on or off, go to the following Microsoft webpage: Turn Windows features on or off. You can also use Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) or any supported managed update system to add the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 feature. For more information about how to deploy the .NET Framework 3.5 by using DISM, go to the following Microsoft webpage: Deploy .NET Framework 3.5 by using Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM)
    • If security update 2966827 or 2966828 has already been installed on the system, temporarily uninstall the update, enable .NET Framework 3.5, and then reinstall the security update.

Best regards,

Joyce

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 16, 2017 7:47 AM
  • Hi,

Is there any update about your issue?

If you have solved it by yourself, could you share your solution here and mark it as an answer which will be helpful for those who has the similar issue with you? Thank you for understanding.

Best regards,

Joyce 

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, January 19, 2017 2:57 AM