none
UWP JavaScript apps

Question

• Hi, I understand that Visual Studio 2019 no longer supports UWP JavaScript apps.

How long will apps written in this way still work on Windows 10, when does the support run out for these apps.

Regards
    Brian.
    Thursday, May 23, 2019 8:44 AM

Answers

• >How long will apps written in this way still work on Windows 10, when does the support run out for these apps.

UWP JS Apps is no longer supported by Visual Studio 2019 won't have any effect on running existing UWP JS Apps. Because under the hood, UWP JS App and PWA apps are the same, they are both running under WWAHost, consumed by the same Edge JS Core and Html Renderer.

Best Regards,

Elvis Xia

• Marked as answer by Peacob00 Thursday, June 13, 2019 1:17 PM
    Thursday, May 30, 2019 3:00 AM

All replies

• Hello Peacob00,

This forum is for "Discuss application compatibility testing, common compatibility issues, and best practices for creating Windows-based applications."

Since your issue is UWP related I'll move it to UWP forum for more professional support.

Best regards,

Rita

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, May 24, 2019 2:53 AM
  • Hi,

Well, currently, I'm sorry to say that we do not have any information about your question. But I do recommend that you could try to use PWA in the feature. For more information about PWA, please refer this link: PWA and Windows 10.

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, May 24, 2019 3:31 AM
  • >How long will apps written in this way still work on Windows 10, when does the support run out for these apps.

UWP JS Apps is no longer supported by Visual Studio 2019 won't have any effect on running existing UWP JS Apps. Because under the hood, UWP JS App and PWA apps are the same, they are both running under WWAHost, consumed by the same Edge JS Core and Html Renderer.

Best Regards,

Elvis Xia

• Marked as answer by Peacob00 Thursday, June 13, 2019 1:17 PM
    Thursday, May 30, 2019 3:00 AM
  • Thanks.
    Thursday, June 13, 2019 1:17 PM