TFS2013 - Reports for Work Item Type "Features" RRS feed

• Question

• I'm using a version of TFS2013 with the Agile Template and can't easily find or create a query that shows me how much progress is being made against a "Feature" based on the field "target date." So, a report showing how many stories have been picked up and completed, how many in progress, how many left and based on points assigned a burn down (or up) of potential finish date. (or even a burn down to the "target date")

I've tried queries but the charts and pivot tables do not work for "Tree" or "Direct Link" queries.  I've also looked at the canned SQL server Reports and have played around with "Remaining Progress" report but can't seem to choose "Feature" instead of  "iteration".  Is there somewhere else I should look or is this something that requires more technical expertise to craft? 

Friday, February 19, 2016 9:09 PM

Answers

• Hi tsg_kt,

Thanks for your post.

In your case, you could create a query which contains all feature work items. And then create a new list in Excel to show all features. You could create a pivot table to show your expected data.

If you are familiar with SSRS, you could use SQL Server Data Tools or Report Builder to design a custom report. For more detail information about custom TFS reports, please refer to the following documents:

Creating and Customizing TFS Reports

Add reports to a team project

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, February 23, 2016 6:55 AM