Need to change my SQL login in Production RRS feed

• Question

• User-235817029 posted

Hi Guys,  wow ...I have come a long way - still a LONG way to go (obvious from this question).... So app is now fully functional in my lab - I am very Pleased!  THANK YOU to everyone here who have been patient enough to answer my questions... unfortunately I have 1 more.  I Published my app this morning (I use file publish and copy the files over to PROD).  I ran my app but it fails to login to the SQL server becasue it is still trying to use  LocalService to login and that is not permitted in Prod.  Walked through a number of websites (not putting in the correct search parameters I guess cause not finding what I need) and looked through the files in my app - but cannot locate where to change the login from LocalService to user  and  password.  I'd be grateful if someone could point me in the right direction.

Wednesday, June 19, 2013 8:36 AM

Answers

• User-166373564 posted

Hi,

When you deploy a Web application that uses a SQL Server database, you might also have to propagate data structures, data, or both. Visual Studio can automatically create scripts (.sql files) to do this in the destination database, and these scripts can be included in the Web package. You can also include custom SQL Server scripts and specify the order in which the scripts should run. Web Deploy runs the scripts on the destination server when the package is installed.

You specify SQL Server deployment options on the Package/Publish SQL tab of the project Properties page.

You can learn more about ASP.NET Web Application Project Deployment with SQL Server database from link below,

#ASP.NET Web Application Project Deployment 

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd394698%28v=VS.100%29.aspx 

Regards

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, June 25, 2013 2:23 AM

All replies

• User-1972223072 posted

what do  you mean by local service ?

did you create a copy of database in you server like local system, if not create a new database and create a user name in this database and try to connect with your app.

Thursday, June 20, 2013 3:05 AM
  • User-166373564 posted

Hi,

When you deploy a Web application that uses a SQL Server database, you might also have to propagate data structures, data, or both. Visual Studio can automatically create scripts (.sql files) to do this in the destination database, and these scripts can be included in the Web package. You can also include custom SQL Server scripts and specify the order in which the scripts should run. Web Deploy runs the scripts on the destination server when the package is installed.

You specify SQL Server deployment options on the Package/Publish SQL tab of the project Properties page.

You can learn more about ASP.NET Web Application Project Deployment with SQL Server database from link below,

#ASP.NET Web Application Project Deployment 

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd394698%28v=VS.100%29.aspx 

Regards

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, June 25, 2013 2:23 AM