Facebook API RRS feed

• Question

• User-1318698933 posted

Just trying to get perspective for my server. Lets say I allow people to login via facebook to my dating site. I extract user information like location, zip code, etc and most importantly pictures from facebook profiles. Does all this data save on my server? Or does all this data get deleted when the user signs out?

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 11:44 PM

All replies

• User1918766559 posted

This is the scenario of Access Control Service for Windows Azure or Windows Identity Foundation (WIF) usage to authorize people using relying party like Google, Live ID, Facebook etc. The user info taken from facebook is sent as token (like SWT or SAML in case of WIF , ADFS). This token is issued from the authorization server of the relying party & access the authorized app via url headers onto which the token is sent.

Thanks,

Anindita

http://anindita9.wordpress.com

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 12:41 AM
  • User118231891 posted

To answer your question - 

you use facebook for authentication. After that you have to register this authenticated user with your app.

You typically save the data in your app, but can use the facebook APIs to periodically refresh your saved data.

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 3:22 AM
  • User1799430087 posted

HI Razin,

Its posible to integrate all this detail from Facebook using Facebook API with authentication code.

The data's connot be deleted from your dat base once the user logout. But the authentication code of facebook changes frequently .

So you have to make sure the dataS IN YOU DATABSE IS CORRECT WITH NEW AUTHENTICATION CODE.

Cheers

Ajeesh

NB: PLZ "Mark as Answer" if my reply helps you.

Thursday, March 22, 2012 6:53 AM