none
Controlling and/or customizing Quick actions and Light bulb

Question

• Due to problems with my eyesight and concentration I have a really hard time with the new flavor of tooltip and refactoring tools.

Due to the shading and tight box around the currently typed word I have a hard time seeing what I’m typing. Also while I’m typing the IDE keep trying to guess what I’m doing and display what it assume is helpful. But is completely missing the target because it is acting on incomplete information. But the effect is that it keep changing its suggestions, which catch my eye and I lose focus for a second.

And then the error squiggles do not disappear as fast as they appear. Which catch my focus, and then they disappear just as I wonder what’s wrong. Adding another distraction.

And the Quick actions and Light bulbs have a lot of these gui actions going on, and my productivity have actually dropped noticeably with the help of this “Productivity feature”.

I was hoping to be able to customize it, changing colors and hopefully be able to set the timing of when the IDE display the Light bulbs and tooltips. But I have not found any even after extensive searching. Both in the studio and on the web.

Is there no way of toning down or hiding the Light bulb and other tooltips or some accessibility settings that can help me to get back the focus on what I’m doing?

As a last resort I assume I can downgrade to an earlier version of Visual studio but that does not feel like a viable way forward. This feature is not likely to go away. And I will need to upgrade sooner or later.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

• Edited by Anders4 Monday, February 01, 2016 5:00 PM it is a feature not a tool
    Monday, February 01, 2016 4:58 PM

Answers