none
WIF3.5 to WIF4.5 RRS feed

Answers

• After comparison, we see that in the class System.Security.Claims.ClaimTypes
    added properties DenyOnlyWindowsDeviceGroup, WindowsDeviceClaim, WindowsDeviceGroup, WindowsFqbnVersion, WindowsSubAuthority, WindowsUserClaim
    and removed only one property PPID.

I don't see a problem in this, because it's just a constant. This simply creates disadvantage when migrating WIF3.5 projects.
    Instead ClaimTypes.PPID property nead to use property System.IdentityModel.ClaiTypes.PPID

It seems that just forgot to copy property or there is a serious reason?

Best regards,

Juris

Hi Juris,

You are a careful person, Since I am not the writer of this class in .Net framework,  For

feature request, please report this issue to http://uservoice.com .

Have a nice day!

Kristin

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, January 15, 2016 8:08 AM

All replies

• Hi Juri4,

>>Can someone explain why in the WIF4.5 System.Security.Claims.ClaimTypes class removed a PPID member?

Here is the description from MSDN HERE.

[Starting with the .NET Framework 4.5, Windows Identity Foundation (WIF) has been fully integrated into the .NET Framework. The version of WIF addressed by this topic, WIF 3.5, is deprecated and should only be used when developing against the .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 or the .NET Framework 4.

Actually, not only removed PPID member, but also removed other fields, for example WindowsDeviceClaim, WindowsDeviceGroup and so on.   Per my understanding, since WIF4.5 is upgrade of WIF3.5, some fields are obsolete or as above said WIF has fully integrated into the .NET Framework. There is no need to care these fields now.

Best regards,

Kristin

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

• Edited by Kristin Xie Thursday, January 14, 2016 2:02 AM
    Thursday, January 14, 2016 1:36 AM
    added properties DenyOnlyWindowsDeviceGroup, WindowsDeviceClaim, WindowsDeviceGroup, WindowsFqbnVersion, WindowsSubAuthority, WindowsUserClaim

I don't see a problem in this, because it's just a constant. This simply creates disadvantage when migrating WIF3.5 projects.
    Instead ClaimTypes.PPID property nead to use property System.IdentityModel.ClaiTypes.PPID

Best regards,

Juris

Thursday, January 14, 2016 12:24 PM

Best regards,

Juris

Hi Juris,

You are a careful person, Since I am not the writer of this class in .Net framework,  For

feature request, please report this issue to http://uservoice.com .

Have a nice day!

Kristin

Friday, January 15, 2016 8:08 AM
  • Hi Kristin,

I will do feature request.

Thanks for the help,

Juris

Friday, January 15, 2016 2:16 PM
  • Hi Kristin,

I will do feature request.

Thanks for the help,

Juris

@Juris,

You are welcome.

Monday, January 18, 2016 7:40 AM