managing project teams + assignments through PWA RRS feed

• Question

• We have about 20-40 projects per office with staff shifting between projects and typically working on 5-7 projects at a time.

If I wanted to create a role where a person could add staff to projects and create assignments for each staff through PWA, what would I need to do and how wold it work, i.e. once you have the access where do you go in PWA to physically add staff to a project team or assign a team member to a task.

Your assistance is much appreciated.

A plotting Texas Tonie

Thursday, November 4, 2010 4:44 AM

Answers

• Hi Toni, The assignment you are talking about are you thinking task assignment within a project or do you guys use resource plans for the assignment. If it is a task assignment you will need project professional since this functionality is only available in 2010. Resource plans can be created in the project center in 2007 Hope that helps
    Marc Soester [MVP] http://marcsoester.blogspot.com
    • Marked as answer by Texas Tonie Monday, November 22, 2010 11:02 PM
    Wednesday, November 17, 2010 12:23 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Do you have Project Server 2007 or 2010? 2010 has some extra features in PWA which makes the whole process somewhat easier than in 2007.

Thursday, November 4, 2010 9:55 AM
  • We have Project Server 2007 installed.

Wednesday, November 17, 2010 9:50 AM
  • Hi Toni, The assignment you are talking about are you thinking task assignment within a project or do you guys use resource plans for the assignment. If it is a task assignment you will need project professional since this functionality is only available in 2010. Resource plans can be created in the project center in 2007 Hope that helps
    Marc Soester [MVP] http://marcsoester.blogspot.com
    • Marked as answer by Texas Tonie Monday, November 22, 2010 11:02 PM
    Wednesday, November 17, 2010 12:23 PM
  • Hi Marc

Using the Build Team option in the Project Center works well for me. Good to know that in Project 2010 we can assign tasks to staff through the Web!

Texas Tonie

Monday, November 22, 2010 11:07 PM