Need help installing database online RRS feed

• Question

• User426001450 posted

I created a website using Microsoft VWD 2010 Express. This software comes with a Microsoft Express database as well. When I was done with the website, I sent all my files to my webhost company. Now I am having a serious problem with them, they do not know how to install the database. They have to import my databases files (done with VWD Express 2010) into their Microsoft MS SQL 2008 Database, but they can not figured out how to do it. Now they are asking me for valid MSSQL database backups. But I sent them the files that the MS VWD Express produced for me. So, I am confuse here.

Quesions: 1) How to import databases created in MS VWD Express 2010 into MS SQL 2008 Database?   

Your help will be greatly appreciated !!!

Monday, July 1, 2013 10:17 AM

Answers

• User-1716253493 posted
    Use sql management Studio export/import tools. You aren't able to downgrade, so use this tool. After export/import then reconfigure the identity column if you have.
    • Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, July 1, 2013 10:39 AM

All replies

• User-1716253493 posted
    Use sql management Studio export/import tools. You aren't able to downgrade, so use this tool. After export/import then reconfigure the identity column if you have.
    • Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, July 1, 2013 10:39 AM
  • User426001450 posted

Thanks for your answer. Just a couple questions for you oned_gk.

May you please explain why are you considering that is a downgrade? These are two different programs, but from MS both. I do not remember exactly with what database the VWD Express 2010 comes with. Please explain.

On the other hand, the MS SQL 2008 on the webhost server side is not an express database, is a strong Web version. So, don't you think that it should be able to do the job?

Secondly, if you are 100% possitive that this "sql management Studio export/import tools" will work, may you please provide the exact name of the software and the download link.

Thanks very much for your help !!!! 

Monday, July 1, 2013 11:07 AM