Microsoft dll for Text to Speech RRS feed

• Question

• User-1355965324 posted

Is there any tool is available in Microsoft API or dll to use with my program for simple text to speech

Regards

Pol

Thursday, July 31, 2014 10:39 AM

Answers

• User465171450 posted

Keep in mind though, the MS speech libraries are meant to be run on a desktop app and not a server. Any invocation ends up running on the server and not transmitting the audio. This trips up a lot of people who get it to work on their desktop when building a web app, since they are both client and server in that case, but it fails miserably when published. It's also not good to use on a server because it uses a disproportionate amount of resources for a typical web call.

Microsoft used to have a Speech Server that had features that could be used through a web page, but they worked better with specialized hardware cards and the product was eventually discontinued and the technology rolled into some of the office server offerings.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, July 31, 2014 11:30 AM
  • User1176121428 posted

Hi polachan,

Thanks for your post.

According to your description,

Is there any tool is available in Microsoft API or dll to use with my program for simple text to speech

For your requirement,Please check this:

#Text-To-Speech using Microsoft.Speech SDK throwing FileNotFoundException?

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11083302/text-to-speech-using-microsoft-speech-sdk-throwing-filenotfoundexception

Hope this helps u.

Best Regards,

Eileen

Tuesday, August 5, 2014 4:14 AM

All replies

• User-802546231 posted

apparently you can use this

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.speech.synthesis.aspx

I haven't tried it myself but I've seen a few posts mentioning it can be used for what you want

Thursday, July 31, 2014 11:19 AM
  • User465171450 posted

Keep in mind though, the MS speech libraries are meant to be run on a desktop app and not a server. Any invocation ends up running on the server and not transmitting the audio. This trips up a lot of people who get it to work on their desktop when building a web app, since they are both client and server in that case, but it fails miserably when published. It's also not good to use on a server because it uses a disproportionate amount of resources for a typical web call.

Microsoft used to have a Speech Server that had features that could be used through a web page, but they worked better with specialized hardware cards and the product was eventually discontinued and the technology rolled into some of the office server offerings.

Thursday, July 31, 2014 11:30 AM
  • User1176121428 posted

Hi polachan,

Thanks for your post.

According to your description,

For your requirement,Please check this:

#Text-To-Speech using Microsoft.Speech SDK throwing FileNotFoundException?

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11083302/text-to-speech-using-microsoft-speech-sdk-throwing-filenotfoundexception

Hope this helps u.

Best Regards,

Eileen

Tuesday, August 5, 2014 4:14 AM
  • User895691971 posted

I have not seen such implementation in ASP.NET (in my opinion; if there is something, please hit me). You can use C# directly and create a Class that would implement the Microsoft's Speech technology. 

Somehow, I came up with a sample for the text-to-speech, however you can still read the content and the way they implement it. You can then add it to your own project and use it in ASP.NET website by using the Class you generated inside of the App_Code folder of your project. 

Seems lengthy, but is really easy. All you need to do is to extract the code from that sample, create a class, paste the code from sample to it. Use the Class in your ASP.NET project from the App_Code folder. 

http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/windowsapps/Text-to-Speech-Converter-0ed77dd5

Tuesday, August 5, 2014 4:27 AM