2010 Visual Studio Item Templates RRS feed

• Question

• I'm new to the .NET world and looking for some help in creating item templates for a stored procedure.  What I'm looking for is when I'm adding a new Stored Procedure it shows up with a template code block that I want instead of the default.

Is this called an item template?  I went through a process to export a template, but it never shows up in any of the create new views.  One thing that seemed strange is when I get to a screen with the question Select Item References, I have no item references to select.  And when I go to the add a new item menu off the project I can see them Template from the Visual Studio Template group, but I want it to replace the default Stored Procedure template.  How do I do that?

• Moved by Nancy Shao Friday, February 19, 2010 6:26 AM To get better support (From:Visual Studio Extensibility)
    Wednesday, February 17, 2010 4:54 PM

Answers

• Hi Jb60175,

I am moving this thread from Base "Visual Studio Extensibility" forum to the "Transact-SQL" forum, since the issue is related toTransact-SQL. There are more Transact-SQL experts in the "Transact-SQL" forum.

Best Regards,
    Nancy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Friday, February 19, 2010 6:26 AM