none
What is the default target framework for VS2017 ?

Answers

• Hi Adhik7,

I am using VS 2017 RC Enterprise, and the default .NET Framework for projects I will create is 4.5.2 even the highest is 4.6.2:

As Carlos's reply, VS 2017 RC supports from .NET Framework 2.0 to 4.6.2

Hope it's helpful.

Best regards,

Fletcher

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 11, 2017 4:44 AM

All replies

• VS 2017 RC can support from .NET Framework 2.0 to .NET Framework 4.6.2

My portal and blog about VSX: http://www.visualstudioextensibility.com Twitter: https://twitter.com/VSExtensibility MZ-Tools productivity extension for Visual Studio: https://www.mztools.com

Tuesday, January 10, 2017 2:55 PM
  • Hi Adhik7,

I am using VS 2017 RC Enterprise, and the default .NET Framework for projects I will create is 4.5.2 even the highest is 4.6.2:

As Carlos's reply, VS 2017 RC supports from .NET Framework 2.0 to 4.6.2

Hope it's helpful.

Best regards,

Fletcher

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 11, 2017 4:44 AM
  • Thanks for your answer, I knew that the VS2017 RC will support all the existing frame works including the 4.6.2. But what i know exactly is what is the default target framework of VS2017? 

Eg: When i create a new project in VS2017 under C# WindowsForm it will create the project with the target framework. 

For VS2005 - 2.0

For VS2008 - 3.5

For VS2010 - 4.0 

For VS2012  - 4.5

For VS2013 - 4.5.1 

For VS2015 -  4.6 

For VS2017 - ? (whether its 4.6 or 4.6.1 or 4.6.2?)

I Need this information for converting the existing VS2015 csproject file to VS2017 RC manually.

Wednesday, January 11, 2017 4:48 AM
  • Hi Fletch,

Thanks for your answer. your byte the nail of my need.

What is my need is the standard target framework version for VS2017? For ex VS2010 is 4.0.

Regards,

Adhi

Wednesday, January 11, 2017 5:16 AM
  • Hi friend,

Look, after my creating a C# WindowsForm app the default is 4.5.2:

Best regards,

Fletcher

MSDN Community Support

Wednesday, January 11, 2017 5:31 AM
  • Hi friend,

ex VS2010 just cannot support the framework which is higher than 4.0

Best regards,

Fletcher

MSDN Community Support

Wednesday, January 11, 2017 5:33 AM
  • Hi Adhik7,

It's ok for us to select each of them in the csproject file , 4.6 , 4.6.1 or 4.6.2, you even don't have to change it.  They will all work well in VS 2017 RC.

Best regards,

Fletcher

MSDN Community Support

Wednesday, January 11, 2017 5:38 AM