Clciking on a tile does not launch the application and I am not able to uninstall the tile.

Question

• I have a metro app which was working fine but suddenly, I started experiencing that clicking on the tile does not launch my application UI.

I wanted to uninstall the application by right clicking the tile but the "Uninstall" option does not appear.

I saw this question was already asked once but did not get any solution.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 9:11 AM

Answers

• Hello Raja Sinha,

My first suggestion since the Metro apps were working previously is to see if User Account Control has been disabled. Some software programs can disable UAC.

For Metro Apps to work, you need to have the following:

1) Your screen resolution needs to be at least 1024x768.
    2) Next, if you have turned off User Account Control, your Metro apps will not work.
    You can check if UAC is enabled here: Control Panel > User Accounts > Change User Account Control Settings
    3) Try using a Local account instead of a Windows Live ID account.<o:p></o:p>
    4) If you are using an Windows Live account, the password cannot be greater than 16 characters.

If your password is greater than 16 characters, type in only the first 16 characters.
    If Metro Apps are still not working your other option would be to Refresh your PC as Irfanfare has stated.

Let us know if this helps.

Marilyn

Thursday, February 16, 2012 10:21 PM

All replies

• Hello Raja Sinha,

I wish you had named the unresponsive app. in your question.

Generally, a Refresh is recommended, but it shall be too much hassle to reinstall all the apps and updates installed by you after installing WDP, but you can also try to Restore your computer to an early time, search for 'restore' in Settings and you will get that option, click on it, select Advanced Tools, Open System Restore, Next, select the box to show more restore points. You may now select a date when your app was working well. Next.

On a personal level, if you aren't seriously testing how to get an app back, and if the app isn't too important to you right now, I'll recommend you wait for about 2 week to install the Windows8 Beta or by whatever name MS chooses to call it. You may also wait for a better advice.

Irfan

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 10:40 AM
  • Did you installed any update or software before this problem happen?

If you installed any software or modify anything please revert it back and restart your PC and see if that solve the problem or not.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 12:11 PM
  • Hello Raja Sinha,

My first suggestion since the Metro apps were working previously is to see if User Account Control has been disabled. Some software programs can disable UAC.

For Metro Apps to work, you need to have the following:

1) Your screen resolution needs to be at least 1024x768.
    2) Next, if you have turned off User Account Control, your Metro apps will not work.
    You can check if UAC is enabled here: Control Panel > User Accounts > Change User Account Control Settings
    3) Try using a Local account instead of a Windows Live ID account.<o:p></o:p>
    4) If you are using an Windows Live account, the password cannot be greater than 16 characters.

If your password is greater than 16 characters, type in only the first 16 characters.
    If Metro Apps are still not working your other option would be to Refresh your PC as Irfanfare has stated.

Let us know if this helps.

Marilyn

Thursday, February 16, 2012 10:21 PM
  • If Metro Apps are still not working your other option would be to Refresh your PC as Irfanfare has stated.

I suggested a Restore your computer to an early time, Marilyn.

Irfan

And I notice a change this morning in the way Quotes are handled by the Forums site.
    • Edited by Irfanfare Thursday, February 23, 2012 1:50 AM to add
    Thursday, February 23, 2012 1:48 AM
  • Sorry, Irfanfare,

I misread or mistyped my response. You did state a System Restore.

Thanks for the correction.  :)

Marilyn

Thursday, February 23, 2012 1:50 AM