Incomplete report using MS Report Viewer 12 with SSRS 2017 from WebFarm RRS feed

• Question

• User522790094 posted

Project: Visual Studio 2017 - Web Application compiled using .Net 4.6.2 with Async SQL session state to a SQL Server 2017 instance

WebFarm Framwork configuration - using shared content, centralized certificates, ARR with Affinity set to Client 

1 - Windows Server 2012 gateway server

4 - Windows Server 2012 content servers

3 - Windows Server 2012 - SQL Report Servers using custom load balancing

When I deploy the application to a single server the reports render without issue but when I deploy it to the web farm the report viewer only renders the supplied parameters but any dynamic options (drop down lists) are disabled and the drop down button images are missing.

incomplete report

Tuesday, September 4, 2018 8:40 PM

All replies

• User283571144 posted

Hi jwbutler23113,

When I deploy the application to a single server the reports render without issue but when I deploy it to the web farm the report viewer only renders the supplied parameters but any dynamic options (drop down lists) are disabled and the drop down button images are missing.

According to your description, seems that your site doesn't load the css or the image well.

Could you please provide the log of css or images when accessing via the url?

You could see it from browser's F12 develop tool like below:

Best Regards,

Brando

Wednesday, September 5, 2018 5:35 AM
  • User522790094 posted

The images come from Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.dll and this library is installed on every server in the web farm and on the file server where the shared content is stored.

<input type="image" name="rv$ctl05$ctl00$Last$ctl00$ctl01" id="rv_ctl05_ctl00_Last_ctl00_ctl01" title="Last Page" src="/Reserved.ReportViewerWebControl.axd?OpType=Resource&amp;Version=12.0.2402.15&amp;Name=Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.Icons.FirstPage.gif" alt="Last Page" style="border-style:None;height:16px;width:16px;display:none;" />

Wednesday, September 5, 2018 3:02 PM
  • User-1492487179 posted

>When I deploy the application to a single server the reports render without issue but when I deploy it to the web farm the report viewer only renders the supplied parameters but any dynamic options (drop down lists) are disabled and the drop down button images are missing.

Web farm also has its nodes. I would suggest you test single node to check whether it will work on single node. It will help you to exclude a lot of issues. There is no detailed error information from your description. I would suggest you use IIS log and IIS FREB tracing to help identity this type issue (check on node server):

IIS log: PATH: %SystemDrive%\inetpub\logs\LogFiles

FREB log: https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/amol/2009/04/01/freb-failed-requests-tracing-in-iis-7/ 

>The images come from Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.dll and this library is installed on every server in the web farm and on the file server where the shared content is stored.

Please also check the connection between file server and web farm nodes.

Friday, September 7, 2018 5:46 AM