TFS 2008 License for ISV Competency? RRS feed

• Question

• We are a MS Certified Partner with an ISV Competency.  I've successfully downloaded the new VS2008 for Software Developers which seems to continue to be a benefit for the competency.

I sent an e-mail to the partner program (mspp-na@microsoft.com) asking about a license key for Team Foundation Server 2008 assuming that they would also be continuing to provide that benefit to the ISV Competency partners, but the answer I got back was:

"The Microsoft Visual Studio Team System 2008 Team Foundation Server is not provided as a benefit for Certified Partners at this time."

Any idea how to interpret this?  Does "at this time" mean that they just didn't know, and if I'm patient, the wheels will slowly turn at Microsoft and we'll get this benefit, or does it mean that the MS Partner Program has decided to remove this benefit?  If so, why??

Hoping someone knowledgeable can help clarify this.

TIA

Thursday, November 29, 2007 3:32 PM

All replies

•  

According to this page: https://partner.microsoft.com/40031287

"Gold and Certified members of the ISV/Software Solutions competency will receive one (1) Team Foundation Server license per organization (not per user)."

and

"The software will be made available at the earliest in the next partner media shipment (June)"

Why not til June?  No freaking clue.  They just like messing with us? :-)

Monday, April 21, 2008 2:45 PM