none
Can I register MSXML4 as COM+ Application (Server Application)? RRS feed

• Question

• I have an asp.net application which was running in windows 2003 server earlier. It was running  under an application pool with "Enable 32-bit application" as "True" and "Managed Pipeline Mode" as "classic". Recently we hosted this application in Windows 2008 Server and modified the application pool to  "Enable 32-bit application" as "False" and "Managed Pipeline Mode" as "Integrated". Now MSXML4  failed to create object in my application. So  I registered it as a COM+ application in one of my system and the issue got resolved. Later when I tried to delete this com+ application, it is not allowing me to delete this component with error "An error while processing the latest operation. Error code 80110823 - The specific user cannot write to the system registry."  I tried all the methods available in internet related to this error code. Nothing is working for me. Later I found that when I registered the MSXML4.dll as com+ application, it is also creating MSXML3.dll objects from c:\Windows\system32\msxml3.dll under the same application. Moreover, I can delete all MSXML4.dll related objects individually by selecting it from "Components". But I couldn't delete any MSXML3.dll related objects. How I can delete this com component? The only way to resolve the issue with MSXML4 in Integrated Mode/Disable 32-bit application in IIS is using MSXML6 instead of MSXML4?

Wednesday, April 13, 2016 6:32 PM