none
Permissions pop up is not working and blocking Xbox Live sign in

Question

• Since my last update (1/21/2018), when I start a Creators Program Unity game using the Xbox Live plugin's sign in workflow, the sign in process fails at the permissions page, preventing the sign in from completing.

The sign in process will start, then the screen will dim (like right before a system popup shows), and then a blank popup will show for a second.  After that, the popup will disappear, but the screen will continue to stay dim and nothing happens.

I believe the popup that tries to show is the permissions screen that asks the user if the app can have permissions to your Xbox Live profile, etc.

This is happening with both my game (that has Xbox Live sign in integrated) and the sign in example in the Xbox Live Unity plugin sign in sample.

BTW, how can I get more logs or system info on what is happening?  It would be useful for this and other issues that I run into when trying to debug the Xbox Live integration (especially if they work fine on the PC but not on the actual console).

Thanks-

Mike

Monday, January 22, 2018 8:09 PM

Answers

• So the issue was that my console's sandbox was reset and didn't match what the games were expecting. If this is the case, the permissions screen will freeze (or I've even seen the app crash).
    • Marked as answer by Mike Palotas Tuesday, January 23, 2018 1:45 AM
    Tuesday, January 23, 2018 1:45 AM