what is the meaning of GraphicsUnit.World? RRS feed

• Question

• For GDI+,Graphics.PageUnit = GraphicsUnit.World;

can you explaint the meaning of "World" :Specifies the world coordinate system unit as the unit of measure. 

what condition should I use "world"?

Thanx.

Friday, December 30, 2005 8:08 AM

Answers

• I have no practical experience with, but I believe that the World units are used so you can manually convert some world unit to a device unit by using Graphics.Transform. You will need to supply your own matrix for performing the unit to device transformation.
    Friday, December 30, 2005 9:55 AM
  • If you are specifying the size of a Font, and you use World, then you are guaranteed a certain size relative to your graphical drawings (lines etc) even if the DPI of the end user is changed. In other words, World coordinates are independent of any physical coordinates. They are the same coordinates you use to draw lines, etc.
    Saturday, December 31, 2005 10:41 PM

All replies

• I have no practical experience with, but I believe that the World units are used so you can manually convert some world unit to a device unit by using Graphics.Transform. You will need to supply your own matrix for performing the unit to device transformation.
    Friday, December 30, 2005 9:55 AM
  • If you are specifying the size of a Font, and you use World, then you are guaranteed a certain size relative to your graphical drawings (lines etc) even if the DPI of the end user is changed. In other words, World coordinates are independent of any physical coordinates. They are the same coordinates you use to draw lines, etc.
    Saturday, December 31, 2005 10:41 PM
  • Thank you,I got it.
    Saturday, January 7, 2006 12:08 PM