none
C# outlook VSTO Addin, hook event on appointment or task save RRS feed

• Question

• C# outlook VSTO Addin, 

I need to have an event fired when an appointment or task is saved.

application.ItemSend is fired only for emails.

Thursday, October 18, 2018 8:23 PM

All replies

• Hi iglezos,

You could use MailItem.Write Event.

Occurs when an instance of the parent object is saved.

Please refer to this link;

Regards,

Alina

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

Friday, October 19, 2018 3:10 AM
  • I tried item.Write or item.AfterWrite event but both of them do not have reference to the initial object like 

void Application_ItemSend(object Item, ref bool Cancel) {}

if a lot of appointments are simultaneously open, how can I know which of them is going to be saved? 

Friday, October 19, 2018 6:38 AM
  • Hi iglezos,

I hope this link will help for you:

Outlook Addin Item Save

Regards,

Alina

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

Friday, October 19, 2018 7:16 AM
  • this link refers to a formregion, that I do not have.

I need to grab a standard appointment save.

Friday, October 19, 2018 9:14 AM
  • Hi iglezos,

I hope this link can help for you :

Outlook AppointmentItem.Write Event is triggering automatically

Regards,

Alina

Monday, October 22, 2018 2:43 AM
  • This does not help. Because if there are two open appointments, when one of them is clicked to save, I do not know which of them is saving.
    Monday, October 22, 2018 10:31 AM
  • Have you checked these links? 

Capturing Outlook Save event on inspector

Microsoft Outlook automation: Capturing a Save event

Monday, October 22, 2018 10:45 AM
  • Thanks for your asking. Did you resolve your issue ? If the post helps you, you can mark it as answer and close the post. Thank you for understanding. If you have any question, or update, please feel free to let us know. I wish you a happy life!

Regards,

Alina

Wednesday, October 24, 2018 3:10 AM
  • your 1st link assumes a formregion that I do not use.

your 2nd link .Close event does not have the sender. This does not help. Because if there are two open appointments, when one of them is clicked to save, I do not know which of them is saving.

Wednesday, October 24, 2018 2:36 PM
  • Hello bro, I have seen your topic since you had posted for long time that involved with my project now.

here this your project : https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a5cbb526-b877-445f-96da-c77a4cd5ddcb/create-a-timeline-in-windows-forms-c?forum=csharpgeneral

Could you tell me how to solve the problem that you had before. I have tried to figure it out but still not finding.

I not sure what we could use :
    1.gantt chat
    2.Windows Forms Schedule control
    3.anything else 

Please help me the way, Can you leave email or something that i can contract directly.

Monday, January 14, 2019 4:52 AM