server crash blue screen 0xa, 0x19, 0x50, 0x7e, 0x8e, 0xc2 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, not sure i posted in the correct group or not. Smile anyway, here's my problem:

I have a server running on win2003, IIS 6.0, mssql 2000, mcafee. My system was deployed and after some times, the server keep on rebooting whenever there's 'high' traffic to the server (typically more than 120 concurrent request to the IIS). The system crashed and rebooted. Each time it shows different bug check code (I got 0xa, 0x19, 0x50, 0x7e, 0x8e, 0xc2), and most of the time it was 0xa, and 0x50.

I have changed the MaxConnections=10240 and MaxUserPort=65535 in the registry to allow more request to be accept by the IIS.

from the minidump files, i found that:

> for bug check code 0xa:

- the process name: System / sqlservr.exe / svchost.exe

- the image name: mvstdi5x.sys / naiavf5x.sys / HTTP.sys / ntkrnlpa.exe

> for bug check code 0x50:

- process name: procexp.exe / w3wp.exe / my own console application called by .aspx (named xyz.exe)

- image name: ntkrnlpa.exe

> for bug check code 0x7e:

- image name: mvstdi5x.sys

> for bug check code 0x8e:

> for bug check code 0x19:

- process name: w3wp.exe / System

I tried to reproduce the problem by stress test the server with Microsoft Web Application Stress Tool and custom coded load-tester and manage to get the same STOP message (server crashed) if the antivirus is running. After uninstall the antivirus, I stress test it again and now I able to achieve 30k request to IIS with 500 threads (avg 120 request/sec) without any crash problem. I assume the crash problem was solved and put the system into production. When the high traffic go into the server, it crashed again. Is it due to my code problem or there's hardware problem (RAM) like mentioned in the

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms789516.aspx ?

How do I actually get the right information from the minidump file? is there any documentation or tutorial available online to debug the file? I manage to get the hdmp and mdmp file for the last crash i had but no idea on how to debug it (more specific: how to integrate it with the visual studio to debug it)

Would like to hear some advices from those who experience the same bug check code before.

Thanks.

Thursday, March 13, 2008 3:17 PM

Answers

• You're unlikely to get a reply in this forum, as it's about software architecture.  Maybe post into a server 2003 forum, for better results?

Good luck,

Martin Platt.

Friday, March 14, 2008 3:51 AM

All replies

• You're unlikely to get a reply in this forum, as it's about software architecture.  Maybe post into a server 2003 forum, for better results?

Good luck,

Martin Platt.

Friday, March 14, 2008 3:51 AM
  • Alright Martin. Hope to get some feedback from other forum. Thanks for the advice.
    Friday, March 14, 2008 3:57 AM