none
Is Visual Basic for Application a pre-request for Add-in deployment? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I am developing an Add-in for Office 2007 and Office 2010 using Visual Basic 2010 targeting .Net 4

I used Windows Installer to deploy my solution and it is successful.

The problem rise when I start any Office Application that have the Add-in (Word for instance) i receive many macro security errors.

I discovered that these errors go away when I install Visual Basic for Application from Office Installation.

However not all users I am targeting will have Visual Basic installed to their machines.

Please help how to fix this (make the Add-in works with no macro errors at the startup and without installing Visual Basic to deployment machine)

Thank You

• Edited by JStone56 Wednesday, March 28, 2012 9:49 AM
    Wednesday, March 28, 2012 9:40 AM

Answers

All replies

• how do you access instance of word app in your add-in? do you get it from Aplication field in add-in's main integration class?
    Wednesday, March 28, 2012 10:46 AM
  • Thank you for replying DamianD

Didn't get what you mean ? Can you please ask the question in a little bit details.. Thank You

For information, It is an Application Level Add-in contains one class "Add-in.vb", one form, one ribbon, one module and application settings.

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 10:58 AM
  • how do you access Application object in your add-in? maybe show some code that manipulates Word.
    Wednesday, March 28, 2012 1:39 PM
  • Hi JStone56,

Thanks for posting in the MSDN Forum.

It's based on my experience that you need create a custome action to check whether the key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsofte\VBA\Vbe7DllPath" exist. It is a reference that related to this action: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archive/2006/07/17/669191.aspx. I hope it can help you.

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Monday, April 2, 2012 5:14 AM