none
Does WES build contain XPe drivers ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a new HP T610 that has WES default image. I need to load Win XPe onto that Thin client. HP says that they have the XPe drivers under the WES build. Has anyone heard of this ? And if so, can you please point me to where I can locate XPe drivers for that hardware.

Still checking with HP. But I thought I'd also ask here. Thanks.

Monday, January 28, 2013 7:36 PM

All replies

• HP might be talking about WES2009, which is Windows XP Embedded. HP must have a WES2009/XPe image for the unit.

-Sean

www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com / Book Author - Pro Guide to WES 7, XP Embedded Advanced, Pro Guide to POS for .NET

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 2:10 AM
  • Thanks Sean. You're right. I managed to load a 2009 image. I decided to test if that's true for the video card. 

SoGA under "Driver Details" (while in WES2009 build). I loaded our XPe image and copied the files over to the exact location. Rebooted but still no VGA recognition.

VGA is not that big of an issue since I can get it from the manufacturer, however the chipset is. I am now trying it with other drivers. Please advise if you have any tips.

Thanks.

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 2:30 PM
  • This is a bit of a reverse engineering process - http://www.seanliming.com/Docs/Articles/XPE/Configuring_XPe_ThinClients.pdf

You have to use Device Manager to help track down the chipset and drivers for the image.

-Sean

www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com / Book Author - Pro Guide to WES 7, XP Embedded Advanced, Pro Guide to POS for .NET

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 2:08 AM