none
Where did my containers go in new portal?

Question

• Hi:

I've been trying to convert to the new Azure portal, but one thing has me stumped.  I have a couple of classic storage accounts.  When I look at the old portal the containers are still there. Most important, daily backups of a database are getting created in a container of one of the accounts.

When I go to the new portal, the containers aren't there.  I click on Files and the display is empty.  If I create a share with the container name, it creates an empty container.  How do I access the files in a container from the new portal?  Is a share supposed to be the new definition of a container?  If so, how do I set up a share for an existing container?

Thanks,

Terry

TerryL

Tuesday, February 9, 2016 11:47 PM

Answers

• Hi TerryL,

Thanks for posting here.

In the new portal, all the storage accounts created in classic portal are available in storage account classic with the containers you have created.

Please check on that and let us know if you were able to find your storage account with containers.

Girish Prajwal

Wednesday, February 10, 2016 1:20 PM

All replies

• Hi TerryL,

Thanks for posting here.

In the new portal, all the storage accounts created in classic portal are available in storage account classic with the containers you have created.

Please check on that and let us know if you were able to find your storage account with containers.

Girish Prajwal

Wednesday, February 10, 2016 1:20 PM
  • Hi Girish:

Yes, the classic storage accounts are there, but I couldn't find the containers.  I thought they would be under files, but I just checked and they were under blobs. So I was just confused by the new UI.  I am good to go now!

Thanks for replying.

Terry

<sub></sub><sup></sup><strike></strike>

TerryL

Wednesday, February 10, 2016 4:17 PM