Bookmarks window RRS feed

• Question

• I can't work out how to open the bookmarks window in Visual Studio 2005 beta -- it's not there in the view menu, and there's no View.Bookmarks entry in the keyboard configuration. I can still set bookmarks by enabling the text editing toolbar, but I can't associate any text with them. Is it there at all? How do I open it?

TIA.

Tim
    Wednesday, June 15, 2005 12:35 AM

Answers

• Tim -

As you've noticed, the Bookmarks window is not available in the Express Editions.  This was one of many non-mainline features that were not included in the Express editions in the spirit of significantly simplifying the user experience.  You do however, have the ability to create and use bookmarks.

Thanks,
    Luke Hoban
    Visual C# IDE Program Manager
    Friday, June 17, 2005 7:02 PM

All replies

• Tim -

As you've noticed, the Bookmarks window is not available in the Express Editions.  This was one of many non-mainline features that were not included in the Express editions in the spirit of significantly simplifying the user experience.  You do however, have the ability to create and use bookmarks.

Thanks,
    Luke Hoban
    Visual C# IDE Program Manager
    Friday, June 17, 2005 7:02 PM
  • In Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2, Bookmarks window may not visible depending of your settings.

You may always display it by using Ctrl+W,B or View > Command Window, then type 'View.BookmarkWindow' in command window.

Pietolit

Friday, June 24, 2005 12:56 PM