Got OLEDB error when I want to process a dimension with Sybase datasource RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi everyone,

Could you please help me to check the error below?

OLE DB error: OLE DB or ODBC error: The identifier that starts with '[dbo_DimAccountAccountCodeAlt' is too long. Maximum length is 28.

I got the error above when I want to process a dimension, and the datasource is Sybase 12.5.

Is it possible that I missed some steps to setting my AS database?

Your help will be appreciated.

Thanks^_^

Winnie

Thursday, December 13, 2007 10:42 AM

Answers

• This is an OLE DB issue, now it has been figured out after I replaced an new sybdrvoledb.dll. Thank you all

Thursday, January 10, 2008 5:57 AM

All replies

• The error appears to be coming from SYBASE.  If you capture the SELECT statement being generated by SSAS, does it produce the same error?

BTW, I do not believe SSAS directly supports SYBASE.  My understanding is that it only has cartridges for SQL Server, Oracle, Access, Teradata, and DB2. The cartridge dictates how what kind of SQL statement is generated for submittal to the relational database.

Hope that helps,
    Bryan Smith

Friday, December 14, 2007 1:41 AM
    Answerer
  • We have a machine, we install Katmai and Sybse on it, we can process successfully on this Katmai, But we got this error if I changed another machine via OLEDB, so I think I missed some steps, or my Katmai's version need to be updated...., I'm investigating it.  I think SSAS supports Sybase, but not stable^_^

Thanks for your reply:-)

Winnie

Sunday, December 16, 2007 1:16 PM
  • Hi,

This problem already occurred in SSAS2005 where you needed to modify the default cartridge and used one that someone modified to have identifiers smaller than 28.

If you are using Sybase ASE that solution is to get that cartridge, if you use Sybase IQ than just make sure your server is updated to at least 12.6.

ALWAYS create your data source using the ODBC driver Adaptive Server Anywhere 9.0 otherwise the connections will stay opened and locks (versions) will continue to occur in the IQ.

Tiago.

Monday, December 24, 2007 11:16 AM
  • This is an OLE DB issue, now it has been figured out after I replaced an new sybdrvoledb.dll. Thank you all

Thursday, January 10, 2008 5:57 AM
  • Hello Winnie.Wang

I have the same problem. Appears me the same error when I want to process a dimension.

Could you help me? please!!

How replaced the sybdrvoledb.dll?

Thanks in advance!!
    Tuesday, March 11, 2008 11:46 PM
  • Did you get this error on Katmai (SQL Server 2008)? If so,I think it is your Sybase provider is not fit for you Katmai, you should find another version of sybdrvoledb.dll to replace current one. the version  15.0.0.193 should work for me, you find find it and have a try.

Thanks

Winnie 

Wednesday, March 12, 2008 2:37 AM