What MS development tool is best to solve this scenario? RRS feed

• Question

• We have a file that is transfered from mainframe to SQL Server 2003 that is later uploaded into Oracle. Some records can fail during the upload and they are placed in an error file (Oracle bad file).  I would like to develop a solution to read the error file records, display modifiable fields (not all fields) for each record.  And to allow the user to change some values if need be.  The user needs to also just select records to be reprocessed.  The selected and/or updated records then need to be created in a file that will have the same name as the original upload file.  This will allow Oracle to recognize it and be able to load it a second time.

What is the best MS tool to use to develope this?  Is MS Access not powerful enough to handle this type of file handling?  Would VBScript be better?  I haven't done VB since VB 6.  Should I be looking at a better MS development language/tool to create my solution?  Other people I work with may have the talent I don't have.  At work, we have MS Visual Studio 2005 and MS SQL Server Enterprise Manager.  At home and work we have MS Office Suite.

I need some professional advice.

Thank you,

JoeLuis

Thursday, October 19, 2006 7:56 PM