why css not showing properly RRS feed

• Question

• User-807418713 posted

Hello

If i use this 

<link href="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jqueryui/1.8/themes/base/jquery-ui.css"
            rel="Stylesheet" type="text/css" />

then Calendar Design prev next all showing perfect

If i use this below code

<link href="jquery-ui.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />  

Then Calendar Design prev next Not Showing Perfect

Whats the problem

Tuesday, July 31, 2018 6:47 PM

Answers

• User-893317190 posted

Hi Gopi.MCA,
    You could go to jquery ui’s official site to download the whole package of jquery ui.

https://jqueryui.com/download  , just click the download icon at the bottom of the page.

Or you could use package management tool  nuget of visual studio to download jqueryui.
    Click  Tools  in the menu bar of  visual studio, choose NuGet Package Manager  and then choose Manage NuGet Package for Solution.

Input  jquery ui in the search bar of visual studio. Click the package you want to install and choose  the project where you want to install the package on the left .
    At last click the install button.

The package will be installed into your project automantically.

Best regards,
    Ackerly Xu.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, August 3, 2018 10:19 AM

All replies

• User475983607 posted

Gopi.MCA

Hello

If i use this 

<link href="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jqueryui/1.8/themes/base/jquery-ui.css"
            rel="Stylesheet" type="text/css" />

then Calendar Design prev next all showing perfect

If i use this below code

Then Calendar Design prev next Not Showing Perfect

Whats the problem

I assume the second link is throwing a 404 (Not Found).  Open the brower's dev tools and look for the error in the Network view.

Drag the jquery-ui.css file from the solution explorer to the View.  Visual Studio will create the correct markup.

Tuesday, July 31, 2018 7:28 PM
  • User753101303 posted

Hi,

Use F12 Network to see what happens for this http query. More likely you don't have a jquery-ui.css file at the expected location (ie the same virtual path folder) which gives a "404 not found" response. 

Tuesday, July 31, 2018 8:04 PM
  • User-1171043462 posted

Tell where you have saved the file?

Tuesday, July 31, 2018 8:26 PM
  • User-807418713 posted

Tell where you have saved the file?

Hello

My

jquery-ui.css

File Is in Solution Explorer Only..

Wednesday, August 1, 2018 7:17 AM
  • User753101303 posted

So it' seems it is not part of your project and not supposed to be found.Always startfrom what happens ie if F12 Network shows a 404 not found status for your script file then you are 100% sure the problem is your browser can't find the file.

Pretty much every tutorial or template should show how to use external css or js file. Can you try to do the same ?

Wednesday, August 1, 2018 7:27 AM
  • User-807418713 posted

Hello

How to use external css or js file give me code

i already used this in my page

Wednesday, August 1, 2018 7:48 AM
  • User-893317190 posted

Hi  Gopi.MCA ,

According to your  path of css , you should ensure whether the css file and your  aspx file is in the same

folder.

If  they are not in the same folder , your aspx page couldn’t load your css file.

You say your file is in solution explorer only .

Do you mean your file is  in the  root folder of your solution ? If so , you can’t visit your css file in  any of your project  in your solution.

If you mean your file is in the root folder of your project ,just write like below

<link href="~/jquery-ui.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

Please press F12 and click the “Console” menu  in your browser to check whether you have written  a correct path.

If you don’t know how to write a correct  path , just drag the css file and drop it in your aspx page , visual studio will help you write the correct path.

Best regards ,

Ackerly Xu

Wednesday, August 1, 2018 10:01 AM
  • User-807418713 posted

Hello

See this screenshot why prv and next icon not showing

Wednesday, August 1, 2018 11:00 AM
  • User-474980206 posted

You don’t have the font files the query UI css is referring to. You need to download the files and add to your solution. As the css uses relative links, the online version version has its own font files.
    Wednesday, August 1, 2018 2:25 PM
  • User-807418713 posted
    Hello

Can you give me the link to download all the font and realted file so that i can put in my solution
    Wednesday, August 1, 2018 5:05 PM
  • User-893317190 posted

Hi Gopi.MCA,
    You could go to jquery ui’s official site to download the whole package of jquery ui.

https://jqueryui.com/download  , just click the download icon at the bottom of the page.

Or you could use package management tool  nuget of visual studio to download jqueryui.
    Click  Tools  in the menu bar of  visual studio, choose NuGet Package Manager  and then choose Manage NuGet Package for Solution.

Input  jquery ui in the search bar of visual studio. Click the package you want to install and choose  the project where you want to install the package on the left .
    At last click the install button.

The package will be installed into your project automantically.

Best regards,
    Ackerly Xu.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, August 3, 2018 10:19 AM