[Skype for Bussiness] Skype for bussiness is not finding skype contact RRS feed

• Question

• i don't know the exact forum to ask this question because it not about sdk but there is no option availble for general queries of skype for bussiness in forum window

My Skype for bussiness is not finding skype contact because there is no skype directory tab.

i am using Microsoft Office Professional 2016 plus which includes skype for bussiness .

why there is no skype directory tab visible is there a version issue ??

MobinYaqoob

Tuesday, June 28, 2016 12:43 PM

All replies

• While this is not really the correct forum for this question:

If you are using the 2016 desktop client you should look for the add contact button and choose Add a Contact Not in My Organization which should have a sub-menu for Skype contacts.  You will need to have the Skype user also add your Skype for Business user as it is a two-way request.

Wednesday, June 29, 2016 5:22 AM
  • First, Also in add contect there is no option for Skype.

Second, Can you suggest me the right forum social.msdn link to ask skype for bussiness related questions.

lastly, can you explian "You will need to have the Skype user also add your Skype for Business user as it is a two-way request." because YES i,m a skype user.

MobinYaqoob

Thursday, June 30, 2016 7:08 AM
  • This is a generally older article - How do I add, instant message and call my Lync contacts in Skype for Windows desktop?, but Lync users are now (more or less) equivalent to Skype for Business users.

You might be best served with Skype product questions on the community site: https://community.skype.com/

The request to add a Lync/Skype for Business user to a contact list is a two-way exchange, the Skype user adds them to on their contact list which does not trigger a message/request that someone has added the other person like it would if it were Skype to Skype.  The Lync/Skype for Business user adds the Skype contact and it completes the loop allowing communications between Skype and Lync/Skype for Business.

Thursday, June 30, 2016 5:39 PM