none
Microsoft add-in code build error --ThisAddIn.RequestComAddInAutomationService()': no suitable method found to override. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a project of type Visual Studio Tools for Office (VSTO)

{BAA0C2D2-18E2-41B9-852F-F413020CAA33} and I am building it with dot net framework 4.5.1 and VS 2013 and its building sucessfully. However I have recently changed to Visual Studio 2015 and tried to build the same project with same target framework, its throwing the below error.

'ThisAddIn.RequestComAddInAutomationService()': no suitable method found to override.

'ThisAddIn.CreateRibbonExtensibilityObject()': no suitable method found to override

the project already has a reference of Microsoft.Office.Tools.Common.v4.0.Utilities .

Any help is highly appriciated

Friday, January 19, 2018 9:07 AM

All replies

• Hi Biman_Mondal,

According to your question is more related to VSTO, I will move it to Visual Studio Tools for Office (VSTO) forum for suitable support.

The CLR Forum discuss and ask questions about .NET Framework Base Classes (BCL) such as Collections, I/O, Regigistry, Globalization, Reflection. Also discuss all the other Microsoft libraries that are built on or extend the .NET Framework, including Managed Extensibility Framework (MEF), Charting Controls, CardSpace, Windows Identity Foundation (WIF), Point of Sale (POS), Transactions.

Best Regards,

Wendy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 22, 2018 2:50 AM
  • Hi Biman_Mondal,

For which Application you are trying to create this project?

Does your project contains multiple ribbons?

If so then you can try to check it whether it is properly implemented in new project or not.

You can try to post the sample code, where you got this error.

We will try to make a test on our side and try to reproduce the issue.

Currently, you had provided very less information about your issue.

We even don't know about your project type in VSTO.

I suggest you to provide detail information about your issue.

It will help us to understand the issue in better way.

Reference:

AddInBase.CreateRibbonExtensibilityObject Method ()

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 24, 2018 5:16 AM