Lightswitch Screen Designer not working RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

My realtime LS screen designer stopped working (Silverlight Desktop Web Client application).

The weird thing is that it works perfectly when debugging it as a Desktop Client,  but when you switch to a Web Client and you save changes to the screen design it freezes.

Any ideas?

Saturday, November 22, 2014 11:38 PM

All replies

• I have just created a Brand new LS Project and the Realtime Screen Designer works perfectly when debuging the App as Silverlight Web Client and Silverlight Desktop Client.  So the failure is inside my Visual Studio Solution...I have no idea how to fix this...

I am on Visual Studio 2013 Update 4.

When trying to save and update to the screen, after 2 minutes it shows a MessageBox with the error:  El elemento AsyncCallback inició una excepción. (The AsyncCallback element initiated an exception).

And after that an another MessageBox:

The last change wasn't successfully persisted. Please shut down the running application. Error: Sending message to designer failed. Designer may not be running.

Saturday, November 22, 2014 11:49 PM
  • Hi Jean,

Cleaning and rebuilding your current Project (Right-click > Clean, Right-click Rebuild respective) and see if that makes any difference at all.  If these issues are still persisting after the above steps, try restarting Visual Studio (and even your local machine).

In addition, I notice there is similar feedback(Designer Icons not showing) before, perhaps it is also available for you.

Hope it helps you.

Best regards,

Angie

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, November 24, 2014 1:45 PM
  • Hi Angie:

Nothing worked (cleaning the Project, rebuilding, restarting visual studio, restarting the pc).

The solution proposed by Patrick Baker in the thread you are pointing to:

...We have a theory on our side that we are currently investigating, but I wanted to post it out in case anyone wants to give it a try and help us confirm that it truly does fix the issue. We believe if you close the IDE, delete the following folders, and restart the IDE that it might fix the issue. These folders are for the MEF cache so deleting them shouldn't have a negative effect. It will just rebuild the cache the next time it is needed.

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\VisualStudio\10.0\ComponentModelCache
    %LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\VisualStudio\10.0\ManifestCache

Patrick Baker (Visual Studio LightSwitch Test Lead)...

did not work.

Thanks!

Wednesday, November 26, 2014 6:37 PM