none
SQL Server 2008 R2 Enterprise Edition- SETUP

Question

• Hi All,

Currently, We are using  'SQL Server 2008 R2 Enterprise Edition' in our PROD server which is working perfectly fine. Now there is need to replace the server so we are planing to do the server migration, However, We can not locate the initial DOWNLOADED package which was purchased. i was able to retrieve the LIC KEY from registry BUT need to know how do i obtain the installer setup for the same?

There are plenty URL suggest the download but they aren't from microsoft. Can you help me locate the link which I can use to download the installer setup and use my LIC Key on NEW server(which we going to migrate)?

Thanks in advance.

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 2:05 PM

Answers

• Since you have License key with you, setup an evaluation edition of 2008R2 and then go to maintenance section and do upgrade edition, then enter the product key. 

Download evaluation edition at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=11093

Save this file and install it on new server. During installation also you will get a page to enter any product key if you have one.

The link is for windows server evaluation edition actually the link mentions wrong name. I searched a bit but could not find place to download evaluation edition.

Vijay,

If you have MSDN subscription you can download it from their

Cheers,

Shashank

Please mark this reply as answer if it solved your issue or vote as helpful if it helped so that other forum members can benefit from it

My TechNet Wiki Articles

MVP

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 4:43 PM

All replies

• You will probably have to contact Microsoft Support to get assistance with a downloadable Enterprise edition file that you can enter your license key on:

Microsoft Support

Hope that helps,

Phil Streiff, MCDBA, MCITP, MCSA

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 2:34 PM
  • Since you have License key with you, setup an evaluation edition of 2008R2 and then go to maintenance section and do upgrade edition, then enter the product key. 

Download evaluation edition at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=11093

Save this file and install it on new server. During installation also you will get a page to enter any product key if you have one.

The link is for windows server evaluation edition actually the link mentions wrong name. I searched a bit but could not find place to download evaluation edition.

Vijay,

If you have MSDN subscription you can download it from their

Cheers,

Shashank

Please mark this reply as answer if it solved your issue or vote as helpful if it helped so that other forum members can benefit from it

My TechNet Wiki Articles

MVP

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 4:43 PM