none
How to set the value of a query field for a secondary list data connection in InfoPath 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• I guess that I am a dummy, but I just can't see how to set the value of a query field that I want to use for a filter. I have a simple parent/child pair of sharepoint lists. The main list of the form is the parent. The parent key is a lookup field in the child list. How do I get the parent key value into the query field of the child list???
    Tuesday, April 23, 2013 5:59 PM

All replies

• Hi RKushner,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN Forum.

I'll consult my colleague on your issue. You'll be informed if there's any update.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Quist Zhang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 12:59 PM
  • I think that it may be important to note that this infopath form is readonly because it is the default displayForm for a sharepoint list.
    Wednesday, April 24, 2013 8:53 PM
  • Hello Rkushner,

In order to set the parent key value into the query field of the child list, you would need to setup a rule - "Set a FIeld's Value" which would allow you to do so.

Regards, Dhiraj(DJ)-MSFT |Microsoft Online Community Support

Friday, May 17, 2013 6:35 PM
  • That was one of the very first things that I tried, and tried and tried. But it didn't work for me.
    Friday, May 17, 2013 6:42 PM
  • Hello Rkushner,

I would suggest to open a support case with Microsoft to troubleshoot the issue further.

Regards, Dhiraj(DJ)-MSFT |Microsoft Online Community Support

Friday, July 26, 2013 4:52 PM