Media element in app bar.

Question

• i have put the media element in the app bar, but it only works when the app bar is popped up.. if the app bar is goes down, the media stops.

any help ? with the code in CS or XAML.?

Thursday, September 11, 2014 2:17 PM

Answers

• Hello,

The behavior you are describing is by design. The MediaElement is automatically paused when it's parent's visibility becomes "collapsed". You will need to add the MediaElement to the page. You should have no problem referencing the MediaElement from your controls embedded in the app bar. The functionality should be the same.

I hope this helps,

James

Windows SDK Technologies - Microsoft Developer Services - http://blogs.msdn.com/mediasdkstuff/

Thursday, September 18, 2014 5:32 PM

All replies

• Why is it in the app bar?

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Thursday, September 11, 2014 7:08 PM
  • because i wanted to use the transport controls in app bar, as the manually configured transport controls are not working normal as the seek bar is misbehaving.

so i just shifted media element into app bar. but media element not working until the app bar is opened

Friday, September 12, 2014 7:19 AM
  • Hello,

The behavior you are describing is by design. The MediaElement is automatically paused when it's parent's visibility becomes "collapsed". You will need to add the MediaElement to the page. You should have no problem referencing the MediaElement from your controls embedded in the app bar. The functionality should be the same.

I hope this helps,

James

Windows SDK Technologies - Microsoft Developer Services - http://blogs.msdn.com/mediasdkstuff/

Thursday, September 18, 2014 5:32 PM